I haven’t been writing much this week (No NaNoWriMo for me after all, although I’d love to do it), but I have been reading as I put my baby to sleep each night.
I’ve enjoyed reading novels again. What with all the illness and babies and such around here, it’s been awhile since I’ve really gotten in some good reads. But this has been nice. MotherTalk and The Parent Bloggers Network have sponsored some great books in the last few weeks, and I’ve posted my reactions to them over on Review Planet, my sister site:
- The Daring Book for Girls, by Andi Buchannan and Miriam Peskowitz;
- Dangerous Admissions, by Jane O’Conner;
- The Right Words at the Right Time, volume 2, by Marlo Thomas;
- Matrimony, by Joshua Henkin;
- You Look Nice Today: A Novel, by Stanley Bing; and
- The Other Mother, by Gwendolen Gross (coming soon)
In fact, I’m giving some of them away — if you’re local and you’d like to borrow or keep The Right Words at the Right Time, Matrimony, or The Other Mother, just leave a comment on those posts and I’ll drop ’em off at your house or bring them to a DC Metro Moms Blog playdate soon. They’re all brand new for 2007 and only read once!
P.S. There’s also a post about Edible Arrangements, my new favorite alternative to sending flowers. They have some beautiful Thanksgiving arrangements that will make your mouth water….