This blog post is original to Toddler Planet and may not be reposted without permission. Blog scrapers, this means you!
1. My best friend and I grow closer over a minor commenting fiasco;
2. I make a new friend, Academom;
3. One of my IBC sisters and I realize that we’re being treated at the same radiation center (she recognizes it from the detail of the triple doors. Wow.);
4. Monica and I realize belatedly (like, a year and a half belatedly) that we have known each other in another life … real life … and in fact, when Widget was small, our families fostered beagles that were brother and sister!
5. Canadians flock to my blog after a mention today on B.C. Almanac; and
6. My eyes are opened to a world of women in science bloggers, in academia and out, with husbands, with little children, with tenure, or considering all three, and my world is enriched.
I think I’ll write a post about the women science bloggers, just to say hello and thanks for their bravery about putting their tenure fears out there, and their thoughts often as eloquently as the academics many of us know and love (such as, of course, Bub and Pie and Her Bad Mother), but tonight I leave you with a series of pictures of the water play. Because I’m also a mom. And I can do that.
Testing the waters
What is this magic potion, that brings forth such bubbles?
There is treasure ‘neath these waters, treasure I must have!
And the last one. In which I begin to live the dream. Brothers. Working together on something. (In this case, they’re drawing on my windows with window markers and washing it off with wet paintbrushes.) It doesn’t matter what it is, though. The important part to me is that they’re doing it together, making decisions independently, and, every few minutes, laughing with delight.
I totally didn’t ever think I’d see this. But I’m so, so glad I did.