Since installing Tweetdeck, I’ve been on twitter a lot more recently. It’s become a friendlier place, now that I can see more posts from my good friends AND drop in to chat with the 600 people in my tweetstream. It’s a distraction, sure, but a welcome one when I’m writing for 10 hours a day, which I did over the weekend. I haven’t had the attention span to write a post lately, but here’s what I’ve been doing, via Twitter. It’s kind of interesting to see what the snippets add up to, over a week or two. (And yes, I’m painfully aware that this is horribly self-indulgent. Consider it a social experiment, or just come back tomorrow for something else, ‘k?)
- Good morning! Sneaking a little work in before the kiddos wake.
- Is there anything better than gluttonously eating blueberries out of a bucket? Blueberries you picked yourself? YUM.
- Falling asleep trying to finish this chapter. Guess it’ll have to wait until tomorrow.
- @cribchronicles I’m doing this strange balance, where I work after they’re in bed and weekends. Exhausting but rewarding. But not very sustainable.
- @meghuber I feel GREAT, thanks for asking! Am enjoying life, coaching soccer, feeling very lucky indeed. http://tinyurl.com/mq6da9 You?
- @techmama @PunditMom NBC had an interesting point this morning…Palin is at the intersection of celebrity and politics. This may not end it
- Want to see some real fireworks? Check out http://bit.ly/zONjY for fireworks that are out of this world!
- Just for the record, the only living things that thrive in a 5 gallon aquarium are snails. And maybe a pair of guppies, no more. (Am sad.)
- Why are fireflies so magical? Because they do not try to burn bright constantly, but stop to rest. We could learn from them.
- @geosteph Fabulous. We celebrated early and Daddy is watching kids all day so I can set up interviews and WRITE! All. Day!
- Why yes, I do tweet more when I’m trying to write other things. I should log off entirely today like @technosailor. But I’d miss you.
- Have we all put more time into understanding Sarah Palin’s resignation that she did?
- Hearing neighborhood dogs bark all day long, I’m startled out of complacency in life as it is, remembering how life used to be. I miss my dog.
- Leaving the park, where we always meet new friends.
- Adding a new contributor to my group blog. Which is FANTASTIC, even if it does mean there’s another #motherwithcancer.
- @canape Aw… that was so sweet of you! But I don’t need blog awards. I’m happy just being here, still talking about life after cancer.
- @Redsy @jdbranded Oh, I dunno. I can think of a dozen times my friends brought me chocolate brownies during chemo … TOTALLY helped.🙂
- Now I want brownies. (Rummages through pantry for magic red box.)
Nothing earth-shattering, but I like to think it captures snippets of a life well-lived.