Hooray, hooray, good news today!
1. Gramma and Grampa arrived last night for a 2 day visit, and Widget is having SUCH a good time playing with them! He’s been up and down the stairs about a million times, and they go right along with him! They’ve played with the wooden peg and shape game; rebuilt the train tracks; played hide and seek in some tissue paper and boxes (we’re going to wrap presents during his naptime!); had first breakfast, second breakfast, and elevenses (so far!); fallen all over themselves in the ball pit; danced with a ribbon; and chased the trash truck up and down the street. They even went outside earlier to follow some crows that Grampa saw in the recycling bin! My active, active boy is having an active day! What a relief and a nice change of pace, and I soooooo appreciate the help.
2. We’re having friends come over to play tomorrow morning — a toddler and a preschooler, and an awesome mom friend to keep me company too!
3. I’ve already figured out a craft for us to do at playdate tomorrow. We’re making birdfeeders out of pinecones, by slathering peanut butter on them and rolling them in the big birdseed bin out back. Gramma brought us a present today (a BEAUTIFUL hand-knit shawl for me and baby to use over the next few months!), and the red piece of yarn wrapped around it will be perfect to use to hang the peanut butter pinecone outside our playroom window. Gramma and Grampa will be here to help with the rolling of the pinecones in birdseed and trips up and down the stairs, so we can actually do this tomorrow! Whoo-hoo!
4. Although I’m not getting enough pain relief (hard, hard weekend), I was able to move up my appointment with the pain specialist to tomorrow afternoon. Grampa will take me there while Gramma stays with Widget in the napping house. I’ll be able to pick up that funky electrical device that’s supposed to help relax the muscles in my back as well.
5. What else? Oh, yeah. My Christmas cards are DONE! That is, except for the very few that are missing some essential piece of data, like zip code or spouse’s name. Got to do those today. All the rest have been ordered, received, addressed, signed, signed by Daddy, and they’re out for the mailman! I’m hoping he’ll take all 75 away today … he’s been a much better mailman to us since we started waiting for him outside and greeting him this summer, so the odds are good!
6. I’m just really excited about our New Year’s Eve Party. I invited our playgroup and MOMS Club by email last night, and I’m just tickled to think of hosting a party again. I love love love to host parties and playdates, but haven’t been able to do much in quite a while, and it’s been awfully quiet around here. Daddy has offered to host, and make snack, and do whatever’s needed to make it a success, so we’re going to try it! We are so lucky to have such a great Daddy!
7. The only thing that would keep us from having that party would be if OUR BABY comes early and I’m actually in labor on New Year’s Eve. I’m hoping that won’t be the case, as I’m looking forward to seeing friends, and the baby would be preterm (barely), but if he just can’t wait, then we’ll be delighted to see him early!
Today is a good day, and I’m so happy to share it with you!